WHAT FORMAT SHOULD YOU USE FOR YOUR CONCEPT?
A concept can take several forms. It can be a written synopsis – a short, concise paragraph which describes the main idea and theme behind your video. Or, it can be an image or a series of images. The best concepts require effective brainstorming and stepping into your audience. Once you have a first draft of a concept, try showing it to other members of your team to see if it makes sense in itself, without much further explaining.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED to build your site. Without the hassle.
Similar to putting together your video brief, considering the “5 W’s” when defining your concept will also have huge benefits.
- 1. Who are you speaking to with your concept? – It’s vital to remember who your audience is when considering your video concept. Remember that it is not necessarily about what you or your team like personally – it’s about what your audience will like and respond to. If it’s a sales video or advertisement, how is this video going to help your audience find a solution to a problem that they’re having?
- 2. What are you saying with your concept? – How you want the viewer to feel or think after they’ve watched the video? What’s the key takeaway? Is it that your company is a great place to work, or that your hotel is a great place to stay?
- 3. When are you going communicate your concept? When is your video due to be released? Think about the timing of the release of your video when you’re trying to come up with a concept. Many companies release videos and marketing campaigns which relate to certain events on the calendar, such as Christmas, Easter and New Years’. Perhaps your concept will relate to one of these holiday periods.
- 4. Where are you going place this video? Is your video going to be published online on a video sharing site (such as YouTube or Vimeo), on TV, or on your company website or blog? Does the concept work for that distribution method?
- 5. Why are you using this concept for your video? – Is it a concept that you feel will really achieve your desired goals for your brand?
With depth of experience in producing different kinds of videos for a variety of companies and brands, Something Different can help you identify and fine-tune your video production concept.
Services offered at Something Different also include scriptwriting, storyboarding, casting, and a range of other essential services to help you take your video from a good a idea to a great finished product that will benefit your business in the best way possible.
SERVING KANSAS CITY FOR OVER 40 YEARS
We can help your business, no matter what the objective. We’ve worked with large and small businesses to help them achieve their marketing goals.
With decades of experience. Our award-winning technicians are some of the best in the industry, and we know how to grow your brand.
All it takes to get started is for you to reach out to us, and nothing in the world could be easier. Take the plunge and talk to us. You have nothing to lose, and we know you are going to love working with us on your new project.
The initial consultation is free.
GET IN TOUCH
Do you have questions about our services?
Call or email us to discuss your email requirements. Our friendly and experienced consultants can answer any questions you may have.
We welcome the opportunity to introduce our team in more detail, discuss your needs and learn about what you would like to achieve with your upcoming project!
If you have additional questions about creating an effective video concept or would like more information about the video production services we provide, call (913) 444-3000 or get in touch using the form below.