There’s no denying it we humans are visual creatures. We all love something that’s visually appealing and impressive, like beautiful photographs, well designed objects and buildings, and beautifully shot videos. Things that look good tend to be more likely to stick in our minds for longer than something that’s a little bland. That’s why if you’re making a video to help sell your product, service or company, it’s extremely important to get the visuals right.
Something Different offers a full range of services in visual effects (VFX) for video, which will take your video to the next level in professionalism and memorability, and leave a lasting impression on your audience.
At Something Different, we have a VFX artist with over two decades of experience in everything from color grading and motion retouching, to creating full-scale set extensions and digital crowds.
We always ensure that any visual effects we use will serve to enhance a video project We never simply use fancy effects for the sake of using them. We’ll work with you and your team to clearly determine what it is you’re trying to achieve with your video, then, based on your video’s overall goals, we’ll help you decide what kinds of effects would be best for your project.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF CINEMATIC VISUAL EFFECTS
Technology has moved forward in leaps and bounds in recent years, and effects that were previously unthinkable 10 years ago can now be easily achieved with a bit of expertise and some advanced software. Confused about all the different types of video production effects that are available? We’ve given you a rundown of the different types of visual effects services we offer:
- Titles and credits – Simple, well designed rolling or static text on screen
- Graphs, charts and infographics – Display statistics, facts or ideas in simple, easy to understand charts or graphs
- Flat character animation – Create entire videos or scenes featuring characters.
- Digital matte paintings – Stunning, realistic looking digital landscapes
- Set extensions – Extend the boundaries of your real life set by using digital effects.
- Digital crowds – Think epic battle scenes with thousands of virtual soldiers, or a huge crowd at a concert.
- 3D modelling – Create computergenerated characters, 3D muzzle flashes and procedural fire.
- Green screen studio work – Add backgrounds and backdrops (both indoor and outdoor scenes) to footage filmed on a green screen.
- Stereoscopic 3D production – ‘Stereoscopic’ refers to footage which has been shot both from two different angles (from a ‘left eye’ perspective and a ‘right eye’ perspective), then combined in post production to produce an image which appears as though it is has depth and texture, and is protruding from the screen.
- Titles and motion graphics
- Motion retouching – Digitally retouch real life footage, such as removing a blemish from someone’s face or an entire building from a cityscape shot.
- Color grading – Ensure all different scenes in a video have a similar color and brightness profile, or add special ‘looks’ to your film (such as black and white or vintage film effects)
PROFESSIONAL SPECIAL EFFECTS IN Kansas City
We normally avoid using special just for the sake of having them, and will always consider how exactly any special effects will directly benefit your video and enhance audience engagement with your brand.
If you need visual effects for your next video project, or if you’re unsure what types of effects would be best for your upcoming project, we’re here to help get in touch with the team at Something Different by calling us at (913) 888-8500 or by the contact form below.
Kansas City’s Most Trusted Ad Agency
KC’s TOP AD AGENCY
Commited to Your Success
Award Winning Work
Talented Designers, Editors & Expert Developers
Creativity that Looks Great and Gets Results
Attention to Detail
Our Prices are Competitive and Fair.
We’re helping some of the world’s most ambitious brands grow.
What can we do for you?
If you have a campaign to run or challenge to solve, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch and leave your details, or feel free to call us direct.
Fill out this form, and we’ll setup a free consultation!